I did this one all by myself. I even went to the store and bought the wood. I'm pretty sure I looked a little weird going in to Pullman Building Supply. There were a bunch of dirty men in coveralls and me with my bright pink purse.
I cut the heart on my scroll saw too. Definitely a learning curve there. I'm still trying to figure it out. I went a little slower this time and everything, but it just wasn't a super smooth cut. If any of you have a scroll saw and have any suggestions, please let me know!
And who wouldn't love a face like this? My little Colson baby is growing up so fast. I just love his little smile. He's my snuggle buddy now, but I see the day fast approaching when he will be too busy.
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Super cute love birds!! You did an awesome job. It looks like you're a pro!
i saw that decal too and really like it :)
I love my scroll saw. I use it ALL the time. A couple years ago I cut about 75 nativity sets, 10 pieces each for a super Saturday. Don't let a lot of people know you have it. :)
The only advice I can give is practice, practice, practice. Also, don't be afraid of it. You are great at sewing, treat it like a sewing machine. Make sure your foot is tight to the wood, it will help hold the wood down.
Also, have fun with it.
You can get good prices on wood at home depot or lowes in the "trash" piles. I always dig through that first before I buy anything else. I save all my scraps just in case I can use them for something smaller.
Ha, I guess that was more then one piece of advice. Anymore questions, feel free to email me.
Love the love birds. Very cute. You are so crafty. Colson is so stinkin cute. Love his smile
Post a Comment