Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Cosmo

Meet Cosmo.  He is our new dog.  How did we get a new dog you may ask?  Don't we already have one?  The answer is yes, yes we do.  Here's how it happened.

I was inside doing dishes one day when Ava decided to take Simon for a walk.  A little while later, she came back in and said, "Mom, this dog followed me home and it's really hot, and I didn't know what to do, so I put him in the backyard."

I was like, "What?!  You did what?!"
So I went in back and found this little guy in our yard.  We gave him so food and water and posted this picture of him on facebook to see if he belonged to anyone.



Ava was really concerned about how hot it was outside and him being stuck out there.  I told her I wasn't going to bring a random, dirty dog inside my house.  She said, "why don't you just give him a bath."
Oi.  The things we do for our kids.  So I brought him inside and gave him a bath.  Then we took him over to a vet clinic down the road to be scanned for a chip.  He had been microchipped, so they took him and said they'd call the owner to come get him.  After 24 hours and the owner hadn't claimed him, they took him to the Davis county animal shelter.  I don't know why I'm such a push over, but I felt really bad about him being left in the animal shelter.  So after 5 days of not being claimed, they made him available for adoption.  

So we went ahead and adopted him.  Turns out his name is Cosmo.  We had our favorite veterinarian
Dr. Mike Clayton, check him out and make sure everything was ok.  Apparently he's very old, around 10 and has very little teeth left.  He's a shih-tzu, and very cute.  


We had to put him on a wet food only, diet since he doesn't have very many teeth.  So in that respect, he has become an expensive dog.  But, honestly, we love him.  He is the sweetest dog ever.  He doesn't lick people, he doesn't bark, he doesn't chew on things (probably owing to the lack of teeth) and is great with kids and people.  All he wants to do is snuggle with people.

Since we got him, he's definitely fattened up, had a few haircuts and lots of love.  
We adore our little Cosmo.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

He is so cute! What a sweet story, too.