Boy! Yay! I'll admit I was kind of hoping for a girl, simply because I think you want what you haven't had most recently. But I am excited for another boy because Parker was so much more snuggly then Ava was, so I look forward to that again. And, I think it'll be good for Parker to have a brother so close in age to him.
We also found out I have a vain placenta- it likes accessories and wants to look pretty. (that was my lame attempt at humor) Anyhow, apparently the baby's placenta has grown what they call an accessory lobe. Which essesntial means there is a main placenta then it grew this extra part too. From what I understand, it shouldn't cause any problems unless it's over the cervix. And even then it's more of a concern during delivery, and since I don't have a delivery, I just get sliced open, it shouldn't be a huge problem. We shall see. I was having a contraction during the ultrasound so they couldn't tell exactly where this 'accessory lobe' went and if it was over the cervix.
Ava got to come with me to the appointment and was really excited to see the baby on the tv. I think she's starting to understand that there is actually a baby in my belly. She kept saying, "look mom, there's our baby on the tv!" She also admired the gown they put me in, calling it a pretty dress, then said she needed a pretty dress too. I told her someday she'd get to wear a pretty dress like that. We asked her what she thought it was, she thought it was a boy, but said she wanted it to be a girl. I guess if Ava ends up being my only girl, I'll be ok with that. That way I'll be able to lavish all my girliness on one person instead of having to spread it around.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Love it! Ava comments are so cute!
Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you. It's funny we both wanted what we haven't had for a few years and we aren't getting it! Oh well. It'll be how it's supposed to be.
Hurray for having a BOY!! That is SOOO exciting, especially knowing that you already clothes for him!! Ava is a DOLL BTW!!
Congrats!!!! How exciting to know..Now you can start planning!!! Yeah How fun!! Now you can get another long eyelashed little boy!!
Congratulations! That will be so much fun!
Erin!!! Congratulations...I need one of those boys at some point. How are you doing? We are all moved to yakima now and I can't believe it! We need to catch up. Love ya!
Post a Comment