We are home from a very busy trip this past week, to Puyallup. It was a really great trip filled with lots of fun adventures. First thing, my brother Travis came home for a 2 week R&R from Iraq. We got to be there when he got off the plane. I forgot to bring my camera so when I get pics from my sister in law, I'll post a few. I always get emotional when he gets off the plane. It doesn't help that I'm pregnant this time so I was tearing up before we even saw him. It just makes me thing about how thankful I am that my husband is home and safe. And while that is selfish, I also simultaneously think about what a great guy my brother is to leave his family for such long periods of time to defend our freedoms. And what a wonderful supportive wife he has. Because, if I'm being honest, I just couldn't do it.
Anyhow, it was a great reunion that directed us to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory for dinner, which I thouroughly enjoyed. Unfortunately I didn't have any cheesecake as I wanted because they were like $8 a slice!! Daniel had left for Utah on Monday for his brother's wedding on Tuesday, so I was single parenting which I totally don't love, but we did ok with lots of help from Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Alli.
So Tuesday, me and my kids, and my brother and his family went to the Seattle Aquarium. The kids totally loved it. Everyone except Parker who didn't love being in the stroller all day. But he enjoyed most of it.
Here are the sea otters all snuggled up together.


No comments:
Post a Comment