Saturday, May 29, 2010

Little Feet

I was just sitting here watching a movie and thinking about the little feet that are moving around in my tummy. When you are really pregnant, you don't really talk about all the movement to other people, I'm not really sure why, but you just don't- well at least I didn't. Not that you can't or shouldn't, but it just doesn't come up in conversation much.

Anyhow, I love this time in the beginning when you start to feel the baby move. It's just a special experience, you'd think I'd be over it seeing how this is my 3rd pregnancy, but I'm not. I just love that reassuring flutter in the beginning which within a few short weeks turns into a reassuring pounce on your bladder. Daniel was able to feel him move for the first time last week. It was kind of exciting. He was pushing really hard so he could feel it and the baby was really pushing back. He didn't seem to like his space being invaded like that.

We had our 20 week ultrasound the other day and everything looks great with baby boy. He measures 2 days ahead of his expected due date, so that's good. I should have scanned the picture, but they took a really cute picture of his little foot on the ultrasound. We got to see him yawn and move around. All of my kids like to keep their hands up by their face, even after their born. It's actually kind of cute.

I feel like I've gained 10 pounds at least, but according to my doctor it has only been 3. It's strange really, because I'm definately growing, but apparently that's just the baby (and uterus and all that other good stuff). My doctor isn't worried because everything else is growing at exactly the right rate.

I'm just really grateful to be a mother. What a blessing it is to take part in the creation of a physical body for one of Heavenly Father's children. We're so excited to meet our new little guy, just a few more months!!

3 comments:

leighmichellec said...

I love that feeling too of little flutters! You are an awesome mom and I am so excited to meet your new little guy soon! :)

Derrick and Melissa said...

I am so jealous! What a great blessing it must be to be able to carry your children.

Anonymous said...

Do you have any ideas for names? I'm so excited for you guys.