Sunday, August 11, 2013

Gap toothed!!

Well, it happened.  Ava lost her first tooth.  It had been loose for a week or two.
She told me she thought it might be ready one night.  So I got some floss and tried to tie it around the tooth.  But, she started sobbing saying it might hurt.  So I told her we didn't have to do it.
The next night she said she thought I should pull it out.  
I think the floss scared her a bit so I told her to get me a napkin instead.
 Before she or I knew it, it was out.  I didn't think I had a good enough grip on it.  But it was out and we were both surprised.
 We could already see the new tooth behind it.  And I'm just now realizing as I look at these pictures that you can see that she hadn't brushed her teeth before the pictures either.  Yuck.
 We had to document the tooth.  Her other central is loose too so the tooth fairy will be making another trip soon.
Hopefully she'll be more prepared this time.  She wasn't quite ready and had to rustle up some change.

No comments: