Monday, September 25, 2017

Grandma Baum

Grandma Baum has been sick a lot lately.  She has had several strokes, and been really sick.  She fell the last time and hit her eye, hence the black eye.  She just hasn't been doing well, and was just put on hospice.  So we thought we'd head down and see her.


I'm really glad we did too.  I love how she's looking at Sawyer in this picture.  She is the sweetest woman to walk the planet.  Of all Daniel's relatives, she made me feel the most welcome.  She always told me that she loved me and that she's so glad to have me in her family.  I instantly felt like she loved me as family, the first time I met her.  She always greets us with a smile and a hug.

I tried to explain to the kids that this may be the last time they get to talk to her.  We don't know how long she'll be with us.  So each of them got to talk with her, hold her hand, give her a hug and tell her how much they loved her.  She always had a big hug for each of them whenever she saw them.

One thing I will always remember about grandma is she always told people they were keepers.  She told Daniel I was a keeper more than once on this occasion.  I just love her.

No comments: