Sunday, September 24, 2017

Seaquest Aquarium

The Layton Hills Mall opened this really cool place called Seaquest Aquarium.  It's directly across from the play area too.  So my friend Desira and I bought a pass together.  


So the little boys and I went to check it out since Colson didn't have school. It was really cool! Colson wasn't so sure about the parakeets though.  In fact, he screamed when they all flew down to eat from the birds seed we had.  Sawyer thought it was pretty cool though.  PS- a parakeet pooped on me.



 All the different exhibits were really cool.  They had freshwater fish and salt water.  There was even a Nemo tank with all the fish from Finding Nemo.  It was a big hit.
 There was even a HUGE tank with a ton of Stingrays you could feed and pet.  You could even pay to swim with them.  But that sounds kinda gross to me.  You feed them with little pieces of shrimp.  I think the smell really turned Colson off.  He didn't care for it.  Then when they come to the top to get the food, they kinda splash a bit.  That startled him a little too.
 He warmed up to the birds though.  They both got to hold the bird and thought it was really cool.  I'm not sure how I managed to get such big smiles out of them with it.
We went at the best time.  It was right when it opened.  No one was there, no field trips, the fish needed feeding.  We didn't buy any tokens to do the feeding.  They workers just handed them to us.  It was really fun!

No comments: