For Parkers 8th Birthday Party this year, he decided to have it at the Seaquest Aquarium.
We had a great party room and everyone got coins to use for extra activities.
We had lots of great food too. Unfortunately, our awesome cake got dropped on the way in. It looked like a shark and was super cool. It was a torrential downpour outside and to get to the aquarium, you have to park in the mall parking lot. Which can be difficult to say the least. So I pulled up as close as I could get to the door and walked him into the front door and steadily handed it to him. I asked him if he thought he could hold it without dropping it ok. He said he thought he could.
I went and parked and somehow managed to grab a zillion bags to carry in. When I got inside, I saw Parker sitting at the table with a stranger. He looked like he was about to burst into tears. I couldn't get mad at him. The stranger said she saw it happen and it wasn't his fault anyway. It just kinda flopped out of his hands. It was his birthday and I just couldn't be mad especially with the look on his face. So I told him it was no big deal, we'd just have Dad grab some cupcakes on his way home. The seemed to help his sadness and we headed down to Seaquest.
All his friends ran around the aquarium and fed the fish and the birds.
This little gal is Paige. She's Parker's little crush. He really likes her. She is pretty cute. I can see why he likes her. :-)
Sawyer had a good time with the balloons. There was spit everywhere.
Then the Seaquest gal, brought in the tortoise. It was so cool. The kids loved having a private close encounter with one of the animals.
They got to learn some cool things about them too. Like, the tortoise can feel every single touch on its shell.
We sang happy birthday! Parker blew out the candles and then we opened presents.
Parker has some great friends. We had a great time. Happy 8th Birthday Parximus!!



No comments:
Post a Comment