Thursday, May 6, 2010

Summer Dress

I finished this dress for Ava today. It has been sitting on my table for a while now since we've been going through the sick route this past week. Too bad it's a summer dress and it snowed, hailed and rained today. So we'll be waiting a few weeks to pull it out.

You probabely can't tell, but there are sparkelies all over the top and bottom. I'll have to try it on her tomorrow. I got to use this stuff called fusible webbing on the butterfly applique. It'd never used it before, but it was pretty cool stuff. It was double sided and I just cut out some of the extra fabric I had and stuck the butterfly to one side and the purple to the other. Then you just run your iron over both sides andi it fuses together. Then you just cut around whatever you want to use as an applique. Then I just tacked it down. I did a few more butterflies to make barretts out of!

3 comments:

leighmichellec said...

That looks awesome, I love it---Great job!

Becky said...

Erin, that is SUPER cute! By far my favorite out of the ones I've seen you do :) What talent!!

Pieces of me... said...

What a cute dress! By they way... total congrats on a boy!! I'm totally excited for you!