Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Fun!!

What a wonderful weekend!!! I hate to see it end. The sun finally showed it's face. It's amazing what a little vitamin D can do for the soul. I just felt so good all weekend.

The kids and I wrote a letter to the Easter bunny earlier in the week. We politely asked him if he could come on Saturday instead of Sunday, so we could spend Sunday thinking about Jesus and his resurrection. He agreed, of course.

So Saturday morning the kids got up and hunted down their baskets that he left them. Here they all are.


This was Colson's first Easter. He was so cute. He really like all the things in his basket. It was mainly bath toys and stacking cups.

Parker LOVED his basket. The Easter bunny brought him a Thomas the Train hat AND whistle. He's been walking around the house all weekend blowing it and saying, "all Aboard!!" It's so cute!

Ava got sidewalk chalk, pencils, a princess microphone and all kinds of stuff. The Easter bunny did good this year.
Later that morning we went to the city egg hunt. Parker wasn't quite sure what to do. I kept yelling for him to find some eggs and put them in his basket (they wouldn't let parents in). By the time he understood what to do, they were pretty much all gone. His little bottom lip jutted out and he put on his sad face and started to cry. The whole line of parents, almost in unison, said, 'Awwwwww". At that point, some of the city workers who coordinated this thing came out and tossed some eggs around him. Then our awesome neighbor, Michael, re-stuffed a few of his kids eggs, and tossed them on the ground when Parker couldn't see. It was so nice of him! Thanks Michael!!

Overall, there were so many kids, Ava and Parker only got maybe 7 eggs or so. So we decided to do an egg hunt at home.

We invited all our friends, and rummaged up a bunch of eggs. I stuffed them with candy and hid them all over the playground.
It was so fun seeing the kids running around putting them in their baskets. We had such a nice day. The sun was out, we at our candy from the eggs and spent the rest of the evening at the playground visiting with our cousins and friends.
Today we got all dressed up in our Easter finery for church. Ava in her dress, and the boys in their Easter ties and hats. They all looked so cute. I don't know why I love it so much, but I love making my kids church outfits coordinate. It's silly, but I love it. We talked about the Savior and why Easter was important. Ava understands I think. She knew that he died and came back to life after 3 days.

We had Easter dinner with Nicholas, Christina and Co. and it was so nice. I loved it. We ate, the kids played, we talked. It was just, wonderful.

I'm so grateful for the Savior and all he did for us. What a blessing the Atonement is. I'm so grateful for his resurrection, that conquers death for all. I know that my Redeemer Lives!!

Happy Easter!!

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Your boys look so cute in their hats! I'm glad you guys had a nice Easter!!

The Asay's said...

Your kiddos look so cute in their Easter attire. Glad you guys had a great Easter.

Marie said...

I love the idea about having the Easter Bunny come early...I think we will incorporate that one! Glad you had a great Easter and the kids looked adorable!

Derrick and Melissa said...

I love the 3 in their Easter outfits. They are so cute.

Kate Clayton said...

I love the picture of them in their Sunday best. So cute!