Monday, April 25, 2011

High Chair Make-Over

My amazing boss years ago gave me this high chair when I had Ava. It was in great shape then. But after Parker, I knew it was in desperate need of a new cover. My kids were really hard on it. So, I finally decided to get it done.

It went from this:

To this:
I just traced around the old cover and added a 1/2 inch seam all the way around. I got this super cute poly-vinyl fabric that I can wipe clean. I used some cotton batting for cushion and voila!!! A new high chair. I put Colson in it and almost shed a little tear. He's getting so big now, I can't believe he's big enough to be in a high chair.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Good job! I hate it when I put little projects off for a long time and then wish I'd done them sooner, I'm sure this is just like that.

TyLeen said...

Oh my heck...I have been preparing to do my high chair too. It has been through 4 kids and boy does it need a make-over! I am planning on making 2 covers though. I wanted to use regular material so I can through it in the wash...I hate it when the food gets so nasty in the corners...it is so hard to get out!

Good job Erin. You motivate me to do the projects I have sitting in my head...I should do them because my head hurts!

Pieces of me... said...

You are amazing!! I'm going to have to have you make me one! :)