Wednesday, January 4, 2017

First Day of School 2016

We survived the summer!  Some days were tricky, but all in all, we had a REALLY great summer!
It was so fun.  We played SO much all summer long!!  I really enjoyed my time with my kids this summer.  I was worried initially.  But I tried to plan as much as possible.  We had to have some kind of outing every day.  It didn't have to be anything big, but we had to leave the house.  

I decided this summer that I was tired of being on the sidelines of all the fun.  I've been so self conscious (sp?) about the way I look, that I've shied away from anything in a swimsuit, anything involving running around or being sweaty.  I usually just camp out in my chair with my sunglasses and watch the fun happen.  I wanted my kids to remember having fun with me.  Not remember that I was always just sitting and watching.

Anyhow, school came!


Colson started kindergarten this year!  He was SO ready to go!  His teacher is Senora Gomez.  She's originally from Spain.  He's in the Spanish Immersion program.  It's no big surprise that when he grows up he wants to be a 'dinosaur scientist'.  He LOVES dinosaurs.


Ava started 4th grade this year.  Her teachers are Mrs. Bennion and Professor Summers.  She has been in the Spanish immersion program since we moved here and is doing really well.  I was really surprised to hear that she wants to be a teacher.  We'll see I guess.


Parker started 2nd grade this year.  He teachers are Mrs. Clark for English and Senora Woods for Spanish.  Parker has become really curious about things and asking a lot of questions about everything.  So, I wasn't totally shocked when he said he wanted to be an astronaut.


When we got to the school, Parker disappeared.  He ran off to see his friends and so he didn't get to be in the picture in front of the Buffalo.  They go to Buffalo Point Elementary: home of the stampede, so obviously they have a giant buffalo out front.


Colson goes to BPE!!


We caught up with Parker outside his new class and got a brothers picture.


Sawyer also started Preschool!!  He goes to Handy Preschool, run by the amazing Charity Handy.  Colson also got to go to her school and loved it.  Charity is so great with the kids.  She sends home a paper every month with the music, composer, shapes, book, theme, letters, colors, etc., that they're studying.  It has been amazing.
Sawyer has been on a ninja turtle kick lately, so I'm not surprised at all that he wants to be one when he grows up.
I
 I can't get over how big he looks walking into school.  Where did the time go?




He was 100% ready to start class.  He walked right in and sat down and was ready to go.  He didn't shed a tear at all, when it was time for me to go.  He just said, "bye Mom!"

Here's to a new school year!

No comments: