Sunday, October 29, 2017

Say What?!?!

Oh my heck.  I'm not sure what happened or how it happened.  But, we have decided to sell our house.  While working for my favorite agent, Sheri Jordan, I came across a listing for a home in West Point on 1.5 acres.  I mentioned it to Daniel and he took a look. I knew it would make him SO happy.  We looked at it, and made an offer that same day.  

That night I had a serious panic attack.  I freaked out big time.  I love where we are, our ward, the neighborhood, my friends.  The kitchen at the other house is smaller than what we have.  I'm just not sure I can live in it.  The next morning, I messaged Sheri to rescind the offer.  She and Daniel suggested we go look at it again and see what we can do with the kitchen.  Apparently, the sellers were about to accept our offer.  

We went back, and looked at it again, and decided we could find some ways to remodel the kitchen to make it bigger.  And the sellers, really wanted to make it work, so they offered to pay more in closing costs, so we wouldn't rescind the offer.  So, now we are under contract for a new house.   



As luck would have it, an agent in our brokerage had a family who have been looking for over a year in our area, for a house just like ours.  They saw our house before it was even listed, made an offer, asked for no closing costs and that was it.  We were under contract on both houses in less that 48 hours.  It was a whirlwind.  I still can't believe it's happening.  Sheri still put a sign out in our yard though.  It still breaks my heart a little bit every time I see it.


Here it is.  The new house.  It definitely needs some work.  We're not buying it for the house per SE, but more for the property.  You can't find 1.5 acres around here for the price we got.  It's only 3 miles from our old house, the kids can still go to their same school, they can still be in the Spanish program and we're still close to our friends.  

 There are some good things about the house too.  It is bigger than our house.  It has 5 bedrooms and a bigger living room.  We plan, to do some remodeling, in the future.  Come June we'll be moved it.

No comments: