Tuesday, October 31, 2017

A Farmhouse

Oh my, I live in a farmhouse.  It has been a struggle to find one room that doesn't need so much remodeling, that I can feel good in.  So I've been working on the living room.  So this is what I've come up with so far.


The kids are LOVING the pool this summer.  It has been the best investment of the year.  Usually we spend the summer running from splash pad to swimming hole.  This summer, we haven't had to leave our home.  It has been fantastic.


Sawyer is still falling asleep anywhere he drops.



With the new house we've needed some new things.  I went to IKEA and bought a couple dressers and did them up on my own.  We stained the top one for our bedroom.  The bottom one I painted to go down in the family room as a sideboard under the tv.  


And my amazing brother in law Matt, made this stunning headboard for our new California King mattress.  By the way, my new mattress is fantastic.  Thanks to my cousin Shaun who works at Malouf sleep.  I love it.  

I stained the headboard to match the dresser.  I love how it turned out.



This is what happens when you live on a farm.  Your little boys turn into cowboys.  Look at this little monkey.  How cute is he?

As for the improvements to the house, we just had the top floor windows replaced.  The trim on them is black and it looked weird with white shutters and door.  So I painted the shutters and the door.  The picture is before I painted it.  



I've been working on the bathroom too.  It's a work in process.  It still needs a lot of work.


I made this for our room too.


The farm has been good for my boys.  They are working hard and learning to do hard things.


No comments: